For people who think the FairTax hurts the poor. They couldn’t be more wrong! Or they could be confusing the FairTax with a flat tax system. The FairTax does everything a tax system can do to HELP the poor. Here is a short list:
- The FairTax untaxes ALL spending up to $2,500/mo. (depending on family size)
- The FairTax puts federal income taxes back in their paycheck.
- The FairTax puts SS/MC (FICA) taxes back in their paycheck.
- The FairTax removes embedded taxes from all goods and services.
- The FairTax untaxes ALL used goods, which the poor use more than anyone else.
- The FairTax ends the practice of taking more from the poor as they work harder and earn more.
- The FairTax will return many jobs the poor used to have, but which got shipped overseas.
- The FairTax increases the number of new jobs, which allows the poor to work their way out of poverty.
- The FairTax effectively ends the IRS, which have used their power to terrorize and intimidate the poor.
- The FairTax dismantles a tax code that is so complex and convoluted the poor, and no one else, can understand it, and replaces it with a very simple tax system.
- The FairTax replaces a tax system that requires expert help, which the poor can’t afford, with one that doesn’t require any help to understand.
And the list goes on, but the thing to remember is that when it comes to taxes, the FairTax, for the first time in American history, gives the poor the same opportunities that the rich have; which increases their chances of lifting themselves out of poverty.
So if someone claims the FairTax “hurts the poor”, ask them if they truly want to help the poor, or if it is merely their goal to keep the present tax system as a tool for keeping the poor in economic bondage.
If you have more ideas of how the FairTax can help the poor, we’d love to hear your comments.