Dr. Christopher K. Coombs
Louisiana State University, Ph.D. Assistant Professor Economics/Finance School of Business
- Ph.D. Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, Economics, 2005
- M.S. Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, Economics, 2001
- B.B.A. University of North Florida, Jacksonville, FL, Economics, 1999
- American Economic Association
- Southern Economic Association
- Western Economic Association
- Economic Analysis for Management (MBA), Healthcare Economics (Specialized Masters), Principles of Macroeconomics, Principles of Microeconomics
- Coombs, C. K. & Cebula, R. J. (in press, 2010). The Impact of Union Corruption on Union Membership. Industrial Relations.
- Cebula, R. J. & Coombs, C. K. (in press, 2010). The Influence of the Number of Statewide Legislative Referenda on Voter Participation. Applied Economics.
- Cebula, R. J. & Coombs, C. K. (in press, 2010). Behavior in the Market for U.S. Army Recruits: PLS and 2SPLS Analysis of the Impact of Health Insurance Unavailability in the Non-Military Sector, 2003-2007. Research in Applied Economics.
- Coombs, C. K. & Cebula, R. J. (in press, 2010). Are There Rewards for Language Skills? Evidence from the Earnings of Registered Nurses. The Social Science Journal.
- Cebula, R. J. & Coombs, C. K. (2009). Do Government-Spending Induced Deficits Crowd Out Tax Compliance in the U.S.? Tax Notes.
- Cebula, R. J. & Coombs, C. K. (in press, 2009). The Tax Reform Act of 1986: An Assessment in Terms of Tax Compliance Behaviour. Economica Internazionale.
- Cebula, R. J. & Coombs, C. K. (2008). Recent Evidence on Factors Influencing the Female Labor Force Participation. Journal of Labor Research, 29 (3), 272-84.
- Coombs, C. K. (2008). The Decline in American Trade Union Membership and the Government. Journal of Labor Research, 29 (2), 99-113.
- Cebula, R. J. & Coombs, C. K. (2009). “Factors Influencing the Interregional Differential in Voter Participation Rate, 2006”, Regional Economics.
Papers Under Review
- Cebula, R. J. & Coombs, C. K. (2010). “Net Migration and State plus Local Public Education and Tax Policies in the U.S., 2000-2007,” Initial submission to Applied Economics Letters.
- Cebula, R. J. & Coombs, C. K. (2010). “Migration and Public Policy in the U.S.: A Preliminary Empirical Analysis for the 2000-2006 Period,” Revised and resubmitted to Review Of Regional Studies.
- Coombs, C. K. (2008). “Investments in Human Capital and the Occupational Mobility of Registered Nurses,” Initial submission to Southern Economic Journal.