New to the FairTax? Want to understand it, but don’t know where to start? It’s okay, you’re not alone. Millions of people still haven’t heard of the FairTax; despite the fact that it’s been in front of every Congress since 1999. Heck, I’m sorry to say that I didn’t even catch wind of it until early 2010. But as soon as I did, I knew it was the best thing for America. And from that point on, I have dedicated >75% of my free time to learning about and helping others understand it.
Now that you have heard about the FairTax, it’s time you better familiarize yourself with it to avoid accepting any misinformation about it. Yes, there is a great amount of misinformation put out by opponents of the FairTax.
Read these links (in order) to begin understanding the basics of the FairTax. By the time you’re done with these links you should have a fundamental knowledge of the FairTax.
- FairTax.org/overview – Overview of the FairTax. This PDF explains the rudimentary aspects of the FairTax.
- FairTax.org/prebate – This PDF explains the FairTax prebate in detail.
- FairTax.org/facts – The FairTax fundamentals and facts PDF.
- FairTax.org/faq – These are Frequently Asked Questions about the FairTax.
- FairTax.org/30 – The FairTax Rate: a 23% tomato or a 30% tomato?
- FairTax.org/FlatFairCompare – This is a 2-page PDF Chart that outlines the differences between the FairTax, Flat Tax, and our current Income Tax.
- FairTax.org/Compliance -This PDF explains how the FairTax reduces complexity, compliance costs, and noncompliance.
Then read any of these links (in any order). I suggest starting with the link(s) that directly affect you or someone you know:
- FairTax.org/Economy – A FairTax ® Whitepaper: Research Summary The Impact of the FairTax on the Economy.
- FairTax.org/Business – The Impact Of The FairTax On Small Business Whitepaper (PDF). This is a great resource if you own or work for a small business.
- FairTax.org/charity – This is a section on FairTax.org with various papers on how Charitable Giving, Churches, and other non-profits are affected by the FairTax.
- FairTax.org/education – PDF on how the FairTax impacts education. This is a great resource for those of you who are attending college or have kids who will be attending.
- FairTax.org/FlatTax – PDF detailing the differences between the FairTax and a flat (“income”) tax.
- FairTax.org/homes -Promoting home ownership: How the FairTax’s benefits for homeowners exceed the mortgage interest deduction.
- FairTax.org/Jobs -The impact of the FairTax on American manufacturing, agriculture, trade, and international competitiveness.
- FairTax.org/manufacturing – Quick explanation of “Why the FairTax benefits manufacturing”
- FairTax.org/seniors – This PDF outlines and explains the numerous ways the FairTax benefits Seniors.
Then follow up with these more advanced Whitepapers on the background of the FairTax:
- FairTax.org/23 -“Taxing Sales Under the FairTax: What Rate Works?” This PDF explains why the FairTax inclusive rate must be 23% to maintain revenue neutrality.
- FairTax.org/economists – “An Open Letter to the President, the Congress, and the American people Concerning Reform of the Federal Tax Code” This PDF lists the Economists who support the FairTax.
- FairTax.org/research – This is the section of FairTax.org that holds all of the research from Beacon Hill Institute and Laurence J Kotlikoff.
- HR-25 Bill Text – The FairTax Bill on GovTrack.us
Read what’s been written about the FairTax on Wikipedia.org
- Distribution of the FairTax burden
- Predicted Effects of the FairTax
- Revenue neutrality of the FairTax
Learn about the misinformation being put out be opponents and adversaries of the FairTax.
- FairTax.org/rebuttals – This is the Rebuttals section of FairTax.org. I recommend starting at the bottom of this page.
- FairTax.org/factcheck – September 27, 2012 – This is one of many letter’s to the Editor of FactCheck.org
- FairTax.org/hearing – July 27, 2011 – This is the official response to the 2011 House Ways & Means Committee Tax Panel
- FairTax.org/taxpanel – “A summary of the FairTax response to the President’s Advisory Panel on Federal Tax Reform Final Report”