Working together, as Democrats, Republicans, Independents, Liberals, and Conservatives we can fix America’s tax system. Here are some of the “fixes” we can expect by passing the FairTax Act:
- Returns control of the family purse to the family.
- Income tax withholding ended.
- Federal government paid, only as families spend and benefit.
- “The rate” is an easily-graspable indicator of fed. costs to families.
- Only those who are genuinely subsistent pay no tax.
- The income tax code is gone.
- Social engineering gone with the tax code.
- Lobbyist numbers shrink by half – no more tax favors.
- FairTax far less prone to corruptible manipulation.
- The wealthy pay their fair share.
- Taxpayers have “new at retail” purchasing “strike” power to express displeasure.
- Externalizes taxes that are buried in prices – makes true tax load visible.
- FairTax can be jettisoned prior to export, enhancing our exports, and correcting current border problems.
- Trillions of dollars resting off-shore is repatriated.
- The U.S. becomes the global home of business formation, and will set the pace for other nations.
- Prebate replaces bureaucratically code-mediated credits, deductions with cold hard cash against EVERY CITIZEN’s basic needs.
- No more income tax returns.
- No more IRS.
- No more threats by IRS (audits, interest, penalties, and worse!)
- Minimizes ability of government to compete against private enterprise (non-tax exempt) thereby encouraging “limited government.”
- Eliminates the current “permission to live” income tax (i.e., tax liability ceases to be incurred by working).
- Purported 1st Amendment violations of income tax system, fixed.
- Purported 4th Amendment violations of income tax system, fixed.
- Purported 5th Amendment violations of income tax system, fixed.
- FairTax clears away the confusion and clutter (and intended Congressional obfuscation) that hampers a clearer focus on Congressional spending because it ends the ability of pitting poor against rich.
The FairTax does not purport to fix Congress’s spending problem (that is not its domain); it does, however, remove impediments to focusing on the issue, increases taxpayer’s ascension to wealth, and provides options to express their displeasure (other than ceasing to make income).